Webinars for Professional Development
Study Toolbox offer a two full day webinar for professionals registered with the Board of Psychology, Speech Therapists and Educators. The webinar is accredited with the HPCSA for 16 general CEU's and with SACE for 15 PD's. Homeschool Parents are welcome to attend. This program will assist you in working through our learner program with your children at home.
You will need Internet access to attend the webinar. A link will be emailed to you ahead of time. Just click on the link to join the webinar.
The next webinar will be hosted on Saturday 9th May and Sunday 10th May, from 09h00 to 16h00, on both days.
If you regularly support learners within an educational context, you will benefit from the knowledge gained during this practical workshop. The following topics are covered during the workshop:
- Learner Motivation
- Goal Setting and Time Management
- Learning Environment
- Learning Preferences
- Overview of: Sensory Memory, Working Memory and Long-term Memory
- Multisensory Learning
- Overview of some of the difficulties learners face
- Current Research on Study Techniques
- Note Taking Skills
- Making Summaries
- Mind Maps as visual study aids
- Levels of Comprehension
- Mnemonic Techniques
- Applying study 'tools' to various subjects
- Research for projects and papers
- Daily Homework & Study Program
- Preparing for Tests & Exams
- The role of parents in supporting learners
- Implementing a study skills program at your school and hosting learner workshops
Click here to download the 2020 program.
Click here to download the enrollment form.
Professional workshops are presented by Heleen Viljoen-Brand. She is a Psychometrist and Registered Counsellor and focuses on career- and educational assessments in her private practice. She founded Study Toolbox in 2011 and, together with her team, have been presenting Study Skills workshops to learners and professionals for the past 7 years. She has a keen interest in cognitive psychology and the impact of e-learning on working memory and retention of information in long-term memory.
Although the team have a variety of professional interests and focus areas we have one thing in common: we believe that everyone can learn.
Workshop: Enquiries and Reservations
For webinar reservations download the enrollment form or email us on email@example.com.