Study Toolbox will be presenting a weekend webinar for educators, therapists and homeschool parents who assist learners with their studies.
Our next webinar will be hosted during the weekend of 23rd to 25th April 2021. Full details are included in the downloadable program. Scroll down for access to the download link.
If you regularly support learners within an educational context, you will benefit from the knowledge gained during this practical workshop. The following topics are covered during the workshop:
- Learner Motivation
- Goal Setting and Time Management
- Learning Environment
- Learning Preferences
- Overview of: Sensory Memory, Working Memory and Long-term Memory
- Multisensory Learning
- Overview of some of the difficulties learners face
- Current Research on Study Techniques
- Note Taking Skills
- Making Summaries
- Mind Maps as visual study aids
- Levels of Comprehension
- Mnemonic Techniques
- Applying study 'tools' to various subjects
- Research for projects and papers
- Daily Homework & Study Program
- Preparing for Tests & Exams
- Educators and therapists: Implement a study skills program at your school and hosting learner workshops. Material for this purpose is available at Study Toolbox.
- Parents and homeschool parents will be able to assist their child(ren) in study skills and work habits to improve their academic performance.
Click here to download the 2021 program.
Click here to download the enrollment form.
The webinar is presented by Heleen Viljoen-Brand. She is a Psychometrist and Registered Counsellor and focuses on career- and educational assessments in her private practice. She founded Study Toolbox in 2011 and have been presenting Study Skills workshops to learners and professionals for the past 9 years. She has a keen interest in cognitive psychology and the impact of e-learning on working memory and retention of information in long-term memory.
Workshop: Enquiries and Reservations
For webinar reservations download the enrollment form or email us on email@example.com.